Multinomial Logit Choice Model in R with mnlogit() -


I have a question about the R mnlogit package that I ask on stacks overflow because It is related to a specific language and library, although I would not be offended if someone decides to move it to cross-validated (it was a difficult option for which the StackExchange site was most appropriate).

I'm just trying to make sure that I understand how it works, because the documentation is not very wide, I could see some confusing / contradictory blog entries in this package. , And since I work with the model I prefer. >

Example usage mnlogit is basically as follows:

  & gt; Required (mnlogit) & gt; Data (fish) & gt; Head (fish) mode income alt price cat irritation 1.bitch fails 7083.332 between 157.930 0 0.0678 1 1. boat failure 7083.332 boat 157.930 0.2601 1 1. Chatter TRUE 7083.332 charter 182.930 0.5391 1 1.Pear failure 7083.332 PIR 157.930 0.0503 1 2. Beach False 1250.000 Beach 15.114 0.1049 2 2. False False 1250.000 Boat 10.534 0.1574 2 & gt; FM & LT; - formula (mode ~ value | income | hold) & gt; Result>   

The way to mislead me is mode and alt . I would have thought that the dependent variable would be multiple choice, which appears to be alt (beach, boat, charter, or ghat).

Instead, this is the logical variable, mode . What is mode ?

To try to understand me, I read one on this subject. This really confuses things by repeating the example fish , but with the introduction describing the dataset in this way:

with a data frame: < Mode Setting: Beach, Ferries, Boat and Charter Price - The price of a mode for personal grip - Fishing rate for one mode for personal income - Personal decision maker's monthly Income - Decision Maker ID < p> This describes mode as if it is alt , then alt . Can anyone explain this to me?

If the mode actually takes different options values ​​described in R-Blogger's article, then the model formula (mode ~ is a logical variable) , So I am completely confused.

Oh, okay. I think now that I see - mode indicates that according to the characteristics of each option set, four possible options were chosen. This is understandable.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

php - PDO bindParam() fatal error -

logging - How can I log both the Request.InputStream and Response.OutputStream traffic in my ASP.NET MVC3 Application for specific Actions? -

java - Why my included JSP file won't get processed correctly? -