JavaScript Setting up a JSON array for later use -


I want to create a JSON array, create fields and later populate it with the data in my code. I'm just wondering what the syntax has to go about this. I have tried so far, but there are some parse errors;

  & lt; Script & gt; Var myJSONArray = [{items :, cost: quantity:}; // to prepare populated array for population]   

then later ....

  myJSONArray.push (milk, 1.99,2) ; // Then change item in array areas    

If you really want to create one You can use the JSON.stringify method, JSON array (you currently use a JavaScript ARM in which there is a javascript object).

Using Andy's Code:

  var arr = []; Arr.push ({item: 'milk', cost: 1.99, quantity: 2}); // prints the JavaScript array as a JSON array: console.log (JSON.stringify (arr)); The   

function will return a JavaScript value string in JSON format. You can then parse it with another language or store it in a new .json file. If this was the purpose of you.

UPDATE : Output of the previous code:

  '[["item": "milk", "cost": 1.99, "quantity ": 2}] '   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

php - PDO bindParam() fatal error -

logging - How can I log both the Request.InputStream and Response.OutputStream traffic in my ASP.NET MVC3 Application for specific Actions? -

java - Why my included JSP file won't get processed correctly? -