android - Is Google Cloud Messaging Service required for push notifications -


I am looking to create an Android app that uses a MySQL database located on a server when in this database If some changes are made, then I need a push notification to be sent to some app users. My question is, is this the necessary Google Cloud Messaging service to implement? This page suggests that Google is also required to use the Developer Console If so, is it possible to export this project in Eclipse? thank you in advanced.

My question is, is it necessary to implement Google Cloud Messaging? Yes and no, if you want to do real push messages, yes, it is necessary although you do not want to use GCM, you can use XMPP to send the message to the device. Can use

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

php - PDO bindParam() fatal error -

logging - How can I log both the Request.InputStream and Response.OutputStream traffic in my ASP.NET MVC3 Application for specific Actions? -

java - Why my included JSP file won't get processed correctly? -