(Tcl?) Script for running modelsim with testbench as parameter from shell -


I want to create a script which can be executed from the shell such as: ./ myscript -test1 or tclsh myscript. Tcl - test1

I want to open ModelSim, compile units, load desired testbench, run simulation The name of the test will be a parameter. I have already created macro files (.doc) in which the model commands are compiled and amp; Simulating the desired units (+ Adding wave signals) I'm asking that scripting is not a field of my expertise.

Here's my question:

  1. How to order, "Modelsim" (at startup) in the specified file?

  2. Is TCL's language looking at / is it possible in TCL? If so, what commands should I be familiar with?

  3. Or may the shell script be enough and should I look for specific model commands in the reference manual?

    Thank you for your time!

    Edit: I have posted some examples to use for everyone. Usage: ./foo.tcl testname

      #! / Usr / bin / tclsh # params set testname [lindex $ argv 0] Set test list {test1 test2 test3} # run vs test $ testname if {{finder $ testlist $ testname] & gt; = 0} {puts "test found ... execution ..." open "| vs - $$ testname"} and {put "list did not get test!" }    

    You can launch vsim -o and lt; RAG & gt; command line options. The logic can either be a .do file that contains a string of arbitrary Tcl codes or Tcl commands ("Run -all; Skip" for -c Is useful) .

    TCL is a full-featured scripting language. It can complete any automation task you need to complete. After all, you can not escape TCL with the ModelCC because almost everything runs through it internally. I would recommend you despise one .do file together and run it using the -do option.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

php - PDO bindParam() fatal error -

logging - How can I log both the Request.InputStream and Response.OutputStream traffic in my ASP.NET MVC3 Application for specific Actions? -

java - Why my included JSP file won't get processed correctly? -