asp.net - msdeploy folder outside documentroot of target site -


Therefore, I have got my CI setup working with MSID where I have an EZ on an IIS website The VM has been deployed. With this setup, I've found a wpp.targets file to add some extra files (like assets) that are copied to another folder.

So far it is so good that I have got a parameter.exam to change some settings for the environment.

Now I need to synchronize a folder which should be outside the IIS app document. This is just a folder with a group of plain text files, but it is used by the application and can not be accessed by our visitors (although it is only for test / staging-environment, on production we can manually To do this)

Does anybody know what msdeploy is capable of doing this?

I am thinking of restricting access to visitors to create a new IIS (virtual) application and simply deploy on that app. But I do not think this is a very clean way and it is using a waste of resources ....

If someone knows better, then it would be very helpful. MSDeploy can be used to sync any directory between source and destination, even for those people. Part of an IIS application

  msdeploy -verb: sync -source: iisApp = c: \ localSourceDirectory -dest: iisApp = c: \ inetpub \ destination directory, computerName = Foobar, ... < / Code>   iisApp Provider supports actual physical directories except IIS virtual directories.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

php - PDO bindParam() fatal error -

logging - How can I log both the Request.InputStream and Response.OutputStream traffic in my ASP.NET MVC3 Application for specific Actions? -

java - Why my included JSP file won't get processed correctly? -