Can't Find Theme.AppCompat.Light for New Android ActionBar Support -


I'm trying to implement a new support library which was released a few days ago by Google. In the past, I have successfully implemented ActionBarShail, without any problem using the same method listed on Google Developer's page - using the Guide to Adding Resources (which is how ActionBarSherlock has done this). I also have a library project loaded on my project as a library.

I can tell that the library is loading properly. When, my main activity is Instead of increasing activity on Java, I changed it to increase ActionBarActivity (according to Google's instructions), there was no error - and it correctly importes.

I also style. Attempted to bypass the Xml file and @ style / theme.AppCompat.Light is directly & lt; Application & gt; and & lt; Activity & gt; Android: Theme = "@ Style / Theme App Compat. Lite" by adding them to the Android Manifest.xmm for both with all the efforts as a result of the same error.

Now the issue is that I do not want to change it for the theme, even without throwing an error, the error I am receiving is below, then there is a style.xml file I have changed to use the new theme.

I have a moderate experience working with the Android app and the Elyepas is running with the latest version of the support libraries and the compilation of SDK with ADI 18 (Android 4.3)

Received error during build

Error: Error retrieving parent for item: no resource found which matches the given name Have an account @ style / theme. AppCompat.Light 'Styles.xml / ActBarTest / res / value line3 Android AAPT problem

style.xml

  & lt ;? Xml version = "1.0" encoding = "UTF-8"? & Gt; & Lt; Resources & gt; & Lt; Style name = "theme.POS.Studio.Actest" Parent = "@ style / theme.AppCompat.Light" & gt; & Lt; / Style & gt; & Lt; / Resources & gt;   

Any suggestions? This was never an issue with ActionBarSherlock. I want to work on using this new support library. It looks almost like this. If loading, but not the resource.

You need further:

  1. File- > Import (Android-SDK \ Extras \ Android \ Support \ v7) . Select "AppCompat"
  2. Project-> Properties-> Android. Select "Add" in the section library and select "App compat"
  3. It's all!

    Note: If you are using "Android: ShowAsaction" in the menu item, for example you have to change prefix Android

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

php - PDO bindParam() fatal error -

logging - How can I log both the Request.InputStream and Response.OutputStream traffic in my ASP.NET MVC3 Application for specific Actions? -

java - Why my included JSP file won't get processed correctly? -