When should I start grouping files in folders in Linux server for uploading -


I have read that linux can hold ext3 and ext4 2 13 and 2 32 Files are stored in one directory but it is not advisable to store 4 billion files in one directory. In the real life experience, I have not seen such large directories. I have noticed that only the major directories are MS Windows, such as OS Directory, And Other Directive on Antivirus Enabled Machines Are slower than users.

I have developed a website that can fetch files from users. I am storing files in a folder by designing files by name in 1.dat, 2.dat, 3.dat and so on, and for each file in the database as a reference "ida", " A? "Owner", "real name", and "folder".

1. I want to ask what is good practice to keep all the files in a folder on the server?

2. If not, how many files should I group files into folders, say 100000 files in folder 1, and next 100,000 in folder 2? Which number do I want and switch the folder to another? What is the best practice for performance?

This is not a problem at all. Store them all in one directory.

At that time when it is a bad idea, if it is a directory that you are going to manage by hand. Again, a very large number starts generating headaches. It would be like having a large drawer instead of different parts in your filing cabinet.

But if you've ensured that there are unique names in the file, and if you have the Programmatic method to manage everything, then put them all in one directory. Well, in fact, this is easy, because if you divide them, then you need to store some things that you want to insert the file.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

php - PDO bindParam() fatal error -

logging - How can I log both the Request.InputStream and Response.OutputStream traffic in my ASP.NET MVC3 Application for specific Actions? -

java - Why my included JSP file won't get processed correctly? -