laravel - Starting MySQL ....... ERROR! The server quit without updating PID file -


I'm currently in the process of getting up and running on Mac with OSX Mavericks.

I am following this tutorial to establish my AMP environment:

Everything is fine till the MySQL phase: I have downloaded the latest DMG file here and installed it .

However, when I try to start MySQL in the terminal, I get the following message:

  Starting MySQL ....... Error ! Left without updating server pid file   

Also, when I try to start MySQL from the preferences panel, the computer tries to do this, but eventually Will not done.

Then, two questions:

  1. Is there any information about what happened to you?

  2. For the previous projects, I had to install MMP and Ruby on Rail: can any of these create an incompatibility with MySQL?

    Thank you.

    ps aux | | Grep mysql

    and then

    kill-9 {number returned from top}

    and then

    service mysqld restart

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

php - PDO bindParam() fatal error -

logging - How can I log both the Request.InputStream and Response.OutputStream traffic in my ASP.NET MVC3 Application for specific Actions? -

java - Why my included JSP file won't get processed correctly? -