c++ - Non-Big O complexity -


I am very confused by calculating the algorithm complexity For an assignment, we are given the following tasks and to find its complexity Is called.

  int selectkth (int a [], int k, int n) {int i, j, mini, tmp; For (i = 0; i  L [A] [mini]) MINI = J; Tmp = a [ii]; A [i] = one [small]; A [mini] = tmp; } Back [k-1]; }   

The assignment asks itself to find the complexity of the function used to find the smallest integer of k-th in an unauthorized array of integers. "

In addition to this we were asked to write our G function along with our F function.

For the function, I will add all assignments and operations to the function. Do I include variables or n in this F function?

As the best estimate, I would say that F (N) = 6 N + 4 (N ^ 2), because there are 6 operations in the first loop, omitted in the nested loop 4 operations were performed.

And to understand, will the big o complexity of this ceremony be O (N ^ 2)? I say that because there is a nested for loop, and this means the worst case of going through every item at all times.

I should be sorry if I am not clear. I am quite confused with how it works.

Here is a simple analysis:

External loop k < / Code> is doing it with iterations.

Inter-looping is n-1 iterations but it does that k bar.

So we have o (k * (n-1)) = o (kn-k) since k might be equal to n n = n (n ^ 2-n) = o (n ^ 2) n (n ^ 2) / Code>.

For more help with Big O Notation Notation check out:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

php - PDO bindParam() fatal error -

logging - How can I log both the Request.InputStream and Response.OutputStream traffic in my ASP.NET MVC3 Application for specific Actions? -

java - Why my included JSP file won't get processed correctly? -