ssh - Need to rsync log files from a server that only allows sftp connections -


We have access to the logfile directory of our CDN so that we can parse the log directly. I want to write a script or similar that will synchronize the file from there to the local directory. Rsync seems like the path, except when I send the command, I get: Mismatch - Is your shell clean? (See rsync man page for an explanation) rsync error: protocol incompatibility (code 2) /usr/src/ports/rsync/rsync-3.0.9-1/src/rsync-3.0.9/compat.c (174 )) [Receiver = 3.0.9]

When I try ssh in the remote directory, I get:

  This service is only for SFTP Connection allows   

What do I do?

Do you want to use only the newly added tail of the rsync log to download? It is also possible with SFTP though rsync is better that it can confirm that the previous content is the same.

For example, you can:

  get -neweronly -reume / path / * .log c: \ cdnlogs \   

This ensures that only new or modified files are downloaded.

-Rim ensures that only one tail of the current log is downloaded (i.e. the transfer "resumes" as was previously interrupted).

To get started, check out the guide.

(I'm the author of WinSCP)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

php - PDO bindParam() fatal error -

logging - How can I log both the Request.InputStream and Response.OutputStream traffic in my ASP.NET MVC3 Application for specific Actions? -

java - Why my included JSP file won't get processed correctly? -