Is there a way to detect OS in fish shell akin to the OSTYPE variable in bash? -


Now I'm forced to use the uname to get the operating system name is. But bash has OSTYPE environment variable that is set automatically and I was thinking that something is similar.

It seems that the statutory method of executing a conditional code based on the operating system type Using the switch with the uname result remove. See examples:

  Switch (Single) Case Linux Echo Hi Tux! Case Darwin Echo Hi Hexley! Hi Free Hi! Hi Case! FreeBSD NetBSD DragonFly Hi! The case '*' echo, hi stranger! End    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

php - PDO bindParam() fatal error -

logging - How can I log both the Request.InputStream and Response.OutputStream traffic in my ASP.NET MVC3 Application for specific Actions? -

java - Why my included JSP file won't get processed correctly? -