powershell - Get the path of the importing script from within a module? -


Is there a way to obtain the path to that script that imports the module from that module?

The script module I am writing to load settings from files relative to the import script. I am planning to reuse the module for many projects, so I like if the module can not make any assumption about where it is being imported from.

It's a good one, this great module will be rooted as possible, if everything fails, then I might have a caller pass.

Unfortunately, I've tried everything the path of the module (this is not imported) Here's a simple demonstration:


Test-Relative module.P1 , it has been archived: c: \ test \

Test.psm1

strong>, stored: c: \ test \ mod \

  # returns 'c: \ test \ mod' write -host "$ PSScriptRoot: $ PSScriptRoot" $ return 'c: \ test \ mod' # $ MyInvocation.MyCommand.Path's value is 'c: \ test \ mod \ test.psm1' Type - Host "Split Invoicing: $ (Split-path $ MyInvocation.MyCommand.Path) "#Which path console is currently written "Resolve Path: $ ((Hull-path '. \'. Path), which gives any route on" # "What I'm seeing    

Return 'c: \ test'

from within module # without any assumptions about

folder structure:
 < Code> Write-Host "PSScriptRoot: $ ($ MyInvocation.PSScriptRoot) of My Invitation"    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

php - PDO bindParam() fatal error -

logging - How can I log both the Request.InputStream and Response.OutputStream traffic in my ASP.NET MVC3 Application for specific Actions? -

java - Why my included JSP file won't get processed correctly? -