c# - Visual Studio Installer with to set path of script file -


I have a visual studio installer that installs a Windows service that hosts a web service.

What I am trying to solve is that users should give this option to users during installation where the particular script is located in the box and when they set up the location, then the app.config file After updating the location, it can use the application.

While currently installing, I've added a custom folder and added the file to that folder. It all gets installed, I want to keep it as a default, but it has to be able to overwrite the users with a new choice.

I added a user interface and a text box to capture the user's choice, and the installer class, but when it tries it is failing where it is failing, when She tries to find my app. ConfiFile file says that he can not get it in my code, I have written:

  string path = assembly Gate Acceding Assemband (). place;   

So, I have not installed my app.config in this location, when the installation is running at that time.

Then, someone can give you advice

you Can not Get the full path to the directory where MSI is being installed using,

  string path = assembly.get excerption assemb (). place;   

above the code will likely return a path C: \ Windows \ System32 , which is the place that handles the MSI installation. Use the following code within the installer class to obtain the installation path.

  string installationPath = context.Parameters ["assemblypath"];   

Your remaining questions are not clear.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

php - PDO bindParam() fatal error -

logging - How can I log both the Request.InputStream and Response.OutputStream traffic in my ASP.NET MVC3 Application for specific Actions? -

java - Why my included JSP file won't get processed correctly? -