Does SQL Server write log files in parallel when multiple databases are involved? -


I have read quite a bit on stack overflow and other sites, in relation to SQL Server, several logs of a single database File does not help to improve performance Many people have given separate blanket statements that splitting a database into many does not improve the performance, but why have not they explained it? One of my colleagues says that using multiple databases is actually in display Corrects, because they say that log files can be written in parallel if multiple databases are used, thus the transaction-log-related IO The odds are minimized Unfortunately, I can not find anything online - either on SO or otherwise - to explicitly support that situation.

The website I develop and related Windows services will get a lot of database traffic, so I have been told that I need to split my database into several small databases so that the transaction log does not interrupt (I.e., for example, more than three accessed tables in three different databases can be updated together) I am hesitant to do this because I lost the ability to use foreign keys and I will lose this kind of reference integrity.

I sent several links to my colleague, which says that many databases do not improve the performance, but he responded with this one:

that for the database can not be changed. "

Shed some light on the transaction log IO works in multiple databases, and sequential logging is actually a database limit?

Here is another link that can be useful:

Its summary , At least with Microsoft SQL Server, you can see those EVENTs using a log that fills before moving forward from the next (it is also not optional to record logs between many logs), which effectively Prevents performance improvements

I think that maybe there are corner issues where with highly fragmented log files (i.e. many small VLFs) and battery backup caching controllers, where fission and serial-like-software-related-related writing controllers ( S), but I can not think of a real-world scenario where it is a display gain when using the same controller and drive in a RAID setup will provide.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

php - PDO bindParam() fatal error -

logging - How can I log both the Request.InputStream and Response.OutputStream traffic in my ASP.NET MVC3 Application for specific Actions? -

java - Why my included JSP file won't get processed correctly? -