Oracle ODBC TNS-less connection string (for 64-bit Excel) -


Is there a 64-bit Oracle ODBC driver that supports a TNS-less connection (or EZ-connect) conference? I used "Microsoft ODBC for Oracle", which allowed a TNS-less connection string, but it was screwed for a long time and there is no 64-bit version (i.e. this 64-bit office / Will not work for Excel).

I have experience that the user has sometimes missing or invalid tnsnames.ora file in my organization. I want to use a DSN-less connection-string which requires tnsnames.ora which can be successfully executed on any computer that has the proper Oracle Driver installed. This is an example of my old DSN-less, TNS-less connection string, which uses the "Microsoft ODBC Driver for Oracle" driver (still works for users at 32-bit office):

  driver = {Microsoft ODBC for Oracle}; Uid = myun; PWD = mypass; Server = (DESCRIPTION = (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP) (HOST = myhostname) (port = 1521)) (CONNECT_DATA = (SID = mysid))); I'm trying to connect to  Oracleient11g_home1  ODBC drivers in Oracle, but how do I try (including EZ_Connect) I'm not able to get it without working tnsnames .ora, I constantly ask this pop-up to specify a service name to me:  

Enter image details here

I use Easy-Connect and many other forms The shish, which specify the kind of straight down the Oracle server IP / hostname, but no luck:

  Driver Oracle = {OraClient11g_home1}; Server = // oracleip address: 1521 / maisid; Uid = myUsername; PWD = mypassword;    

You can completely insert TNS-string for the service name, e.g. . SERVER = (DESCRIPTION = (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP) (HOST = myhostname) (PORT = 1521)) (CONNECT_DATA = (SID = mysid)));

Attach this through double quotation marks and remove any carriage return and space charter.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

php - PDO bindParam() fatal error -

logging - How can I log both the Request.InputStream and Response.OutputStream traffic in my ASP.NET MVC3 Application for specific Actions? -

java - Why my included JSP file won't get processed correctly? -