How to validate ajax javascript function to check current element id in rails -


I am trying to figure out how a string is or in javascript, when one receives it. I have in my received.js.erb file;

  $ ("# story_new "). FadeOut ();   

However, now I also want to play a different element that should get in such a way. Get.js.erb

  $ ("# story_new "). Fade (); $ ("# Story_siv" lt;% = @ story.id% & gt; ") Fade ();   

However, only one Ajax call will be available at the time. I thought maybe a if statement works, but it does not know where to start with it. Some with lines;

  var story_new = "# story_new and lt;% = @ story.id%>"; Var story_save = "# story_save <% = @ story.id%>"; If ........ story_new $ ("# story_new   

It does not make sense, because JS will not fail, if the selector does not get any element, but if you still want to see the element's existence, then you can do it with the following code:

  var story_new = $ ("# story_new and lt;% = @ story.id%>"); Var story_save = $ ("# story_save <% = @ story.id%>"); If (story_new.length) story_new.fadeOut (); Else if (story_save.length) story_save.fadeOut ();    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

php - PDO bindParam() fatal error -

logging - How can I log both the Request.InputStream and Response.OutputStream traffic in my ASP.NET MVC3 Application for specific Actions? -

java - Why my included JSP file won't get processed correctly? -