oracle connection string with SID in c# -


Hi, I have to connect to an ORCL database (which I know little about) using a Windows application. Applications of windows will not necessarily be in the same system. I just needed the connection string so I used the Connectivity functionality in Visual Studio 2014 to test the connection and to get the string. EDB is the SI which I have read

Enter image details here < P> Now, using the above, I was able to connect to the database using this functionality and even in my Visual Studio Server Explorer all the tables of the Oracle database were being shown but I had connections in the windows application There was a need to use the string. So I used the following string:

  data source = 172.31.8.21: 1521 / edb; USER ID = PDB_E_GND_R   

I also added the password for this string

  data source = 172.31.8.21: 1521 / EEDB; USER ID = PDB_E_GND_R; PASSWORD = 123   

I get an error when I run the application.

  System.Data.OracleClient.OracleException: ORA-01017: Invalid Username / Password; logon denied.   

So: Why am I getting this error? Now some people can mark this question as a duplicate and even a reply can be found on this issue too.

Coz If this is the case, then I would not be able to establish connection based on the functionality of the Joint Connection of Visual Studio. Please note: I added context: Oracle.DataAccess

And for a programmer like me, who has very little knowledge about Oracle, how can I find out that I have a special Oracle DB To use which connection string is to use.

The following connection string EZ connect does not appear so ez

data source = (DESCRIPTION = (ADDRESS_LIST = (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP) (HOST = 172.31.8.21) (port = 1521))) (KNECTATA = (SERVICE_NAME = eedb))); USER ID = PDB_E_GND_R; PASSWORD = 123

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

php - PDO bindParam() fatal error -

logging - How can I log both the Request.InputStream and Response.OutputStream traffic in my ASP.NET MVC3 Application for specific Actions? -

java - Why my included JSP file won't get processed correctly? -