How do I get my UEFI EDK2 based BIOS to automatically load a driver located in its own firmware volume? -


I am using UEFI EDK2 to create a BIOS. I have modified the FDF to move a driver (both UEFI and legacy version) by the main firmware volume in a separate firmware volume (FV) that I have to hold the driver strictly made.

Before the driver was taken from the main FV, I will see the legacy of the sign-on during the post. However, since I have transferred the driver to the new FV, I am no longer seeing the heritage sign-on. This legacy Orom appears to be no longer being loaded.

It seems that EDK2 "automatically" loads only some FVS and then dispatch your drivers but I can not figure out how These special FVS are identified in EDK2.

I have searched the EDK2 code for several hours trying to find out where / how to start the FV HOB but I can not find this code. My guess is that I need to add a GUID of new fund value to some list or data structure, but I'm actually guessing at this point.

Any hints given will be highly appreciated.

I found a place in the BIOS where firmware volume HOBs were created (in a proprietary file). I added the code to create an FV Hob for my new firmware volume.

After that, I had to install a PPI that could process the new firmware volume. Here is the PPI creation code:

  Stable EFI_PEI_FIRMWARE_VOLUME_INFO_PPI mNewFvPpiInfo = {EFI_FIRMWARE_FILESYSTEM2_GUID, (zero *) of & lt; The new fund value address in Rome starts & gt ;, & lt; Size of new fund value in Rome & gt; empty below}; Stable EFI_PEI_PPI_DESCTRIPTOR mNewFvPpi = {(EFI_PEI_PPI_DESCTRIPTOR_PPI | EFI_PEI_PPI_DESCTRIPTOR_TERMINATE_LIST), and amp; GfPiFirmwareOolphIPPG, & amp; MNEFVPPIINIFO}; Here is the code that establishes PPI (the new fund value added after the HOB is added to the FV HOB list):  
  (* ppPeiServices) - & gt; InstallPPI (PPPE Services, & MNUPPPI);    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

php - PDO bindParam() fatal error -

logging - How can I log both the Request.InputStream and Response.OutputStream traffic in my ASP.NET MVC3 Application for specific Actions? -

java - Why my included JSP file won't get processed correctly? -