South with django 1.7 -


I am using the demo 1.7 for my application. With migrating, I got many problems every time I try to change the field name in the model which is a foreign key, it breaks. To decide only, go to the database and fix it, and they will run migrate followed by syncdb . How do I solve them because my application is getting bigger, and I will spend more time resolving database errors soon because my schema conversion is not supported for South Dzego 1.7 and it has its own migration which is not powerful? (I'm not sure, just a start)

The Django 1.7 is based on the migration framework south. If you are upgrading, you should read this:

From Docs:

Upgrading from the South If you already have a pre- The current migration is South, then the upgrade process is quite simple to use django.db.migrations:

Ensure that all installations are fully updated with their migration. Remove 'South' from INSTALLED_APPS Delete all your (numbered) migration files, but do not have directory or init .py - make sure that you also delete .pc files. Manage dragon or run mcmigration. Must see Django Empty Migration Directory and create new initial migration in the new format. Manage or manage Python. Django will see that the tables for the initial migration already exist and mark them as applicable without running. this is! The only complication is that if you have a circular dependency loop of foreign keys; In this case, make-up can create more than one initial migration, and they will need to be marked as the one used:

Manage and migrate the dragon - Name of your application On

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

php - PDO bindParam() fatal error -

logging - How can I log both the Request.InputStream and Response.OutputStream traffic in my ASP.NET MVC3 Application for specific Actions? -

java - Why my included JSP file won't get processed correctly? -