java - Android: application upgrade rather than new version -


I have an old Android app that I developed using the Eclipse Android plugin, and it changed to the new Android studio I am trying to do Automatic conversion was a sad failure, so I manually converted it.

The issue is that, when I run my new application, it launches as a new installation instead of changing the old one. My guess is that there is an ID that I got from my old installation There is a need to copy, but where do I completely harm to find it.

One thing that may be the source of this issue In the old Eclipse IDE, you have specified the package name for your code separately from the project name. But in the Android studio, the name of the package is received directly by the project name. When I originally created this project, I incorrectly spelled the package name, so the package and project names are not the same. I already have my new version running under the same name and the package name of the old ( Misspelled).

I think there are two things that need to match your old application:

  1. Manifest Package name is set in. This is probably your problem because it had happily installed its new app without complaining about the matching identification signatures Note that in the Android Studio, the package name in the manifest does not really make any difference Because it's your build.gradle < / Em> which has been inserted into the file, which is overwritten by the package name.

  2. To install signature on a second copy of the same app, it must be signed with the same key. While running from your IDE, it is using debug.cheast and it is most likely that the eclipse does not match the old planets. If you really need to continue with the older installation, you can find your old debug. Castor which was using eclipse and copy it into its new project. Modify build.gradle to indicate this other debug.store.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

php - PDO bindParam() fatal error -

logging - How can I log both the Request.InputStream and Response.OutputStream traffic in my ASP.NET MVC3 Application for specific Actions? -

java - Why my included JSP file won't get processed correctly? -