git - Best way to start GitFlow for a current project -


I am very new to Git and I think Gifflow workflow I want to follow. I have a project which is in its second edition now I want to store the first version (which I still have to copy) as V1 and then store my second version which is completed as V2 Going to do. How do I know about it? Is there any video tutorial for Gitflow?

To keep a history between the earlier CM software, I will do the following.

Copy the V1 software (assuming you have all the sources) in a directory and do the following.

  git init git add git commit -m "saving v1" git tag v1 git checkout -b dev   

Then I get files from V2 in the same directory I'll copy and do the following. Add git commit -m "current work towards v2"

Here, to follow [git-flow], you must < Code> dev to facilitator branches for each feature / bug, then merge them into god when finished, then when v2 is ready, then merge it into master . Typically I add a tag to indicate a named version of the software.

There is too much you want to do / learn (.gitignore, git rebase , remote repo, etc ...) but enough above you to start 'good' should be there.


Edit:

What's doing a little bit of what's doing:

git init current directory Creates a git repository in

git add adds all files to the staging area

git commit -m "text" makes a commitment with a message < P> GIT tag name adds a tag to the current comment that you can refer to by this name

git checkout -n newBranchName current key place Creates a new branch and then a checkout >

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

php - PDO bindParam() fatal error -

logging - How can I log both the Request.InputStream and Response.OutputStream traffic in my ASP.NET MVC3 Application for specific Actions? -

java - Why my included JSP file won't get processed correctly? -