Data concatenation in SPSS -


I have two data columns in SPSS

  hhid = 1 2 3 carid = 26 27 28   

I want to create a new column which connects both Hahid and Karjid and gives me output

  newid = 1_26 2_27 3_28   

I'm new to SPSS, I appreciate your help.

The following code assumes that your IDs are variable numerals otherwise the COMPUTE command Delete the STRING function from

  * Generates a string variable of 17 characters. Adjust the length as you wish STRING Nude (A17) COMPUTE Newid = CONCAT (LTRIM (STRING (Hahid, F8)), "_", LTRIM (STRING (Carid, F8)). Executed.   

Explanation: STRING (var, format) function converts the numeric value of "var" to the string of the given format. The code above the format has an 8 digit number without any decimal. The output of these functions is an 8-character string, which is the main spacing. To delete the main spaces, this function is wrapped in the LTRIM (string) function.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

php - PDO bindParam() fatal error -

logging - How can I log both the Request.InputStream and Response.OutputStream traffic in my ASP.NET MVC3 Application for specific Actions? -

java - Why my included JSP file won't get processed correctly? -