javascript - How to test Chrome extension for auto-update feature? -


I'm going to end my Google Chrome extension if I do not understand all Chrome apps wrong then auto-update Has the potential of If so, do I have a way to test it before submitting my app to Chrome Web Store?

Do I need to have an account in my extension for any particular situation?

To test the updating process, it

If you publish then you have the option of publishing public, unlisted, and reliable testers.

  • Public means that the extension will be searched and everybody can install
  • Everyone can install in unlisted manner, but they can link directly to the extension entry is required; It will not be searchable in the web store and will not be indexable by the search engine.
  • The Trusted Tester is similar to the above, but it also prohibits setting up Google Accounts whitelisting.

    Go with any non-public option and you can test it because it will actually work (including the unfortunate delay of automatic review check).


    The method is because Chrome has not hosted any CRX by Web Store.

    But first, yes, you can test it with the installation of your own hosting of the CRX and its related updates XML (i.e., the dropbox public folder), it still works with non-Windows platforms, Works on Dev / Canary Builds on Windows.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

php - PDO bindParam() fatal error -

logging - How can I log both the Request.InputStream and Response.OutputStream traffic in my ASP.NET MVC3 Application for specific Actions? -

java - Why my included JSP file won't get processed correctly? -