How do I verify that a JMS queue exists using Java? -


How can I check if there is a queue on the JMS server using the Java API? I still do not want to send or receive any data in the queue, just verify that the queue exists. Also, the queue may be empty.

Here is my code sample. I have removed the error handling for simplicity.

  Connection connection = zero; Session session = null; Connection = Factory. Secure connection (); Session = connection.create session (false, session. AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE); // I was hoping that this next line would throw an exception if the queue is not in line Queue line = session .createQueue (queueName);   

My JMS server is Tibo EMS. I am hoping for a solution that works on version 5-7.

Solution

I followed the recommendation in the accepted answer but instead created a browser. The following line threw an exception as desired:

  QueueBrowser browser = session.createBrowser (queue);    

A queue object that you just created to a consumer or creator:

Previous> session.createConsumer (queue);

If this queue (or subject) does not exist, then it should throw an invalid DestinationException.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

php - PDO bindParam() fatal error -

logging - How can I log both the Request.InputStream and Response.OutputStream traffic in my ASP.NET MVC3 Application for specific Actions? -

java - Why my included JSP file won't get processed correctly? -